B.H. Milliken is at the forefront of Green building designs. We employ knowledgeable personnel with photovoltaic project experience and many resources in the sustainable building field. We have the knowledge and technical experience to make energy conservation financially possible.
We are an Efficiency Maine Qualified Partner and help to provide our customers with cash incentives to reduce the cost of projects, which helps promote more efficient use of electricity. Eligible businesses can receive incentives up to $300,000 in a single calendar year period. Our goal is to reduce our clients’ costs through incentives like this and by streamlining our practices to work as efficiently as possible.
Lighting consumes approximately 19% of the world’s electricity generation. The CO2 that is produced is equivalent to 70% of global emissions from passenger vehicles and is three times more emissions produced than aviation. In commercial buildings lighting accounts for 40% or more of electricity costs.
The installation of smarter lighting controls and more efficient lighting fixtures can reduce lighting energy consumption by 30-50% or more.
Become more Energy Efficient
Easy ways to use less energy
- Replace T12 lamps with T8 or T5 lamps
- Replace HID Hi Bay fixtures with T5 HO fixtures
- Replace older exit signs with LED exit signs
- Replace incandescent lamps with compact fluorescent fixtures
- Replace wall switches with occupancy or vacancy sensors
- Install a lighting control panel for interior and exterior lighting
- Install lighting sensors (daylight/photo)